Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Humble Food

ENDYMION
The Bolton Family junk jumbalaya recipe, mid preparation: rice, home smoked sausage from somewhere outside Baton Rouge, a bunch of green onions, can of french onion soup, can of beef broth, plenty of chicken, and, wonderfully, a stick of butter.

BABYLON
Muffuletta from Central Grocery and Zapps Sour Cream and Onion potato chips, eaten on the banks of the Mississippi: swiss cheese, salami, olives, pickled carrots, pickled peppers, pickled cucumbers, oregano, thyme, and olive oil on a sesame bun.

MUSES
Budreaux nomming the best and most earned street food I've had in awhile: pork chop from a barrel smoker, smothered in barbecue sauce, between two slices of white bread. Keep it simple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOLLINATOR! you are finally on my blogroll. love the blogs- random and delicious. miss you! i'm in providence but i'm moving soon and I don't know where to. I hope you are good- facebook friend my grandma (amazing right?!)